Thanks to its highways, the Ancash department offers the possibility to travel to a diversity of ecological floors, places with astonishing landscapes. In the measure that you go ascending from the coast toward the mountain with impressive mountains and snowy picks from more than 6000 msnm, wh ere the adventure sports like the andinism, rock climb, parapent, and ski are daily in high season. Also being able to practice rafting, delta wings, parapent with beautiful lakes and lagoons by vehicular access or in a beautiful walk, having among its main attractiveness the Snowy Huascarán (6768 msm) and the snowy Alpamayo chosen as the most beautiful mountains that the world gives.
Huaraz, the Cordillera Blanca and all their attractiveness are the perfect destinations and incentivities for your trip with a great variety of activities also finding an exquisite Peruvian meal.
TREKKING CORDILLERA BLANCA
• The Churup Lake: who is near to Huaraz and located down the snowy Churup, is known as the 7 colors Lake, by easy access seeing during the ascent views of the gulches and mountain range as well as of the Huaraz city, with beautiful water falls.
• Lake 69: One of the most beautiful lagoons of the Cordillera Blanca located in the base of the snowy Chacraraju (6112 msm) and the snowy Pisco (5800 msm), leaving from the graveyard in the Yungay town, city who disappeared a cause of the alluvium in 1970, wich was one of the earthquake’s consequence in the same year. In this journey it’s easy to enjoy the valley and the Llanganuco Lake, the snowy Huascarán, Huandoy, Chopicalqui and Yanapaccha, where this lagoon is appreciated by its turquoise green color.
• Parón Lagoon: Easy walk, perfect to be acclimatized, with a spectacular view of the big rocks of the Paron valley, in the base of the snowy Pyramid Garcilazo (5885 msm) with an attractiveness at the end of the lagoon with the snowy Artesonraju (6025 msm).
• Llanganuco Lake: (3800 msm) to 25 km. in the northeast from Yungay, this lagoon conformed by the lagoon Chinancocha and Orconcocha, located inside the Huascarán national park, was born from the thaw of several snowy mountains, characterized by its green turquoise color and its dense quenuales forests.
• Snowy Pastorruri: To 70 km. to the south from Huaraz, being observed in Patococha Lake’s itinerary, Puyas Raymondi and the eye of water Pumashimi, that has a height of 5240 msm, by easy access. There it can be practiced ski and snowboard.
• Spicy Cuy: cooked to firewood and decorated with red or yellow pepper.
• Cuchicanca: Pig marinated in vinegar and spices and baked to the firewood, served with boiled potatoes and mote (boiled dry corn).
• Tamales: mass of padded corn with meat wrapped in achira’s leaf.
• Charqui: dry pork meat.
• Llunca of hen: broth or hen soup with wheat.
• Pecan caldo: Lamb broth with mondongo.
Typical suits and wool blankets with special designs that indicate the place of origin, the skirts’ embroidery characterizing each county, the production of ceramic candles (Tarica), the wrought iron and the embossing in leather.
Figure konkon, pashas, wanka dances shacshas, sarao, etc. there are also good dances like the wayno, pasacalle, waltzes and yaraví dances.
• Archaeological remains of waullac: it dates from the pre-Inca time, it belongs a period wari, it is believed that it was a place for funeral used for 5 stone structures that look like small niches.
• Sanctuary of Señor de la Soledad: keeps the image of the Señor de La Soledad, Huaraz’s boss whose image dates from the XVI century.
• Archaeological remains of wilcahuain or Ichic Willcahuain: architecture wari (700 – 1100 a.d.c.) characterized buildings for an internal galleries. Located to 7 km. from Huaraz. Other snowy mountains are observed from that area.
• Thermal water of Chancos: located in the Carhuaz city, 35 km. from Huaraz to the north, they reach their waters temperatures up to 74ºC with medical properties. Caves-saunas and puddles.
• Chavín de Huantar: County of Huari, located 109 km. from Huaraz, built 1200 b.c. overdraft in 1919; it is cultural patrimony of the humanity, conformed by ceremonial enclosures and pyramids with enormous stone blocks. The temple consists in several underground galleries, also characterized by its clava heads and the lanzón, stone with 4.52 m. length, carved with feline reasons, birds and snakes.
• Cañon del Pato: North from Huaraz, place where the white and the black mountain ranges are nearer to each other; it almost has 1000 m. of depth, the hydroelectric power station is located there, too.
• Mama Ashu Sanctuary: Located in Chacas, county of Asunción, built in 1587, characterized by 2 steeples, carved hall door, as well as their vitoras and armchairs in whose interior you can see the image of the virgin.